Well what field would I like to go into? I'm not going to lie and say I’m absolutely sure, but the two main fields that come to mind when I think about this sort of thing are Law and Medical. Both are enticing for different reasons, but each has its drawbacks as well. I like the thought of majoring in pre-med studies and biology because I find those subjects very interesting and also necessary for going into a medical career, say as a surgeon. Biology has also been a strong suit for me, ever since that first course in 8th grade, and now AP Bio in 11th. I think focusing on anatomy would be the pretty obvious choice, simply because that type of biology would be most influential and necessary in the scheme of things. These are just thoughts though; I think I would enjoy working as a doctor. It would be challenging as well as interesting, something that definitely suits my personality. Anatomy is also a favorite of mine because it is very empirical rather than theoretical. I like not only knowing about something and how it works, but also why it works. Now this all may lead to a career as a surgeon, but the drawbacks are quite obvious: tough hours and the stress of having someone else's life in your hands. Tough factors to consider. Conversely, a career as a lawyer is also enticing to me. In order to go into that field, I would probably major in history and political science, to follow what my father had done. History would be a good major for me simply because I love history. It is essential to understand history in order to understand how things came to be as they are today. I have taken the advanced classes (up until this year due to some scheduling errors) and have always seen the importance behind knowing the beginning. Although a law career doesn't necessarily necessitate a specific field of study, I still feel that majoring in history would benefit me overall because it would give good context to later law studies in law school.
Where do I see myself 10 years from now? Well it changes constantly, but I’m currently leaning toward the thought of being a relatively new doctor or surgeon. I think I would do well in this type of field (as described above) and it is interesting for me. I think I would do well in this career path due to my tenacity and ability to succeed in things I find intriguing, such as architectural design (that was another thought that I had for a career path but I decided only to include the two foremost in my mind). I am a hard worker and medical studies is a hard field, but surely worth it. I would have to work well under pressure, but this is something I’m accustomed to with all of the sports and such that I participate in. This leads me to believe that in 10 years I will have a strong position as a surgeon that will benefit me as a career well into my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment